Take a Quick Preparedness Assessment
Today we brought you a preparedness assessment. This is from a website called the www.iamlibertyshow.com and will offer you some insight on your own preparedness plans and where you fall on the spectrum. If we are not measuring ourselves than we cannot be sure of where we fall on the preparedness spectrum. One of the most dangerous things that can happen is to assume you are well prepared only to find out, in the face of a crisis, that you are not prepared enough.
This is an assessment and is naturally not the end all be all. I think it is, however, something that will keep you honest. I think you will enjoy it and more importantly, I hope it will be useful. I am sure it will bring up great conversation as well as relevant concern and easily identifiable areas for improvement.
1. Do you have over 40 gals of water on hand
2. Do you have at least one renewable food source, i.e livestock, garden, aquaponics
3. Do you have at least 2 weeks of emergency food storage
4. Do you have a water filter that will eliminate harmful bacteria
5. Does your home have reinforced locks
6. Considered a community watch in your neighborhood?
7. Is there a weapon in your home for self defense, other than your old lil league bat.
8. Do you have other security prevention methods i.e dogs, floodlights, alarms
9. 30 push ups?
10. 3 miles?
11. 3 sets of 8 pull ups?
12. 3 mins of constant work on the heavy bag
13. Are you having community meetings
14. Are you in a position to help folks in your community i.e food, money, supplies
15. Do you have any community projects in the works
16. Is there a list of at risk folks to be checked on in a disaster
17. If you have to go do you have a place to go
18. Do you have more than one route to get there
19. Have you set up local caches along the way
20. Do you have BOB that will get you where you need to go